With Mother's Day fast approaching (this Sunday in case you're not sure!) I thought I'd put together a quick gift guide to suit every budget!
This year will be the first year since 2010 I'll be able to spend Mother's Day with mum so I'm super excited. For the last 3 years I've been at uni, strap for cash and in the middle of deadline season (ooft I feel for any of you writing your dissertation or studying for finals, it gets better, I promise!) so haven't been able to make it home. This year though, I'm just looking forward to spending some valuable time together, nothing like mother/daughter cuddles!
1) Marc Jacobs Daisy* - I think perfume is such a lovely gift, for any occasion really, but especially Mother's Day! Perfume is something everyone loves but you rarely buy for yourself. My mum LOVES perfume, it's almost all she ever asks for so this is the perfect gift. Daisy is such a beautiful scent, floral but light, perfect for spring/summer and comes in the cutest bottle EVER! This gift set that includes a generous 50ml bottle of perfume as well as a body lotion & shower gel is available from Fragrance Direct at the moment for £45. With free deliver on orders over £40 (FREEDEL40) it makes for the perfect gift, if like me, you can't always get home for Mother's Day.
2) Movie night - I've used the Great Gatsby to illustrate (although I'm pretty sure it'd be a firm fave with most females, oh Leo ♥) but the point here is to buy or rent or download (ahem) a film or a couple and have a film night! I think too often people get caught up in buying expensive gifts when really, time spent together is what's most valuable. So, grab a movie, a bottle of wine (or two), chocolate and set some time aside to cosy up on the sofa for a mother/daughter night in! Perfect!
3) Pamper time - similar to the idea above this one is all about spending time together. If money is tight pampering your mum is the perfect gift. Grab some cheap face masks, some Lush bath products & pull out all of your beauty products (I know you have a hoard somewhere!) - offer to give your mum a facial or a mani/pedi or BOTH. Mum is ALWAYS trying to get me to do her feet and I know she gets very little time to relax these days (if it's not Dad, its the dog she needs to fuss over) so spending some time to make her feel pampered this weekend is on my to do list.
4) Flowers - er do I need to explain this one? I don't know anyone who doesn't like a nice bunch of flowers! They don't have to be expensive though, daffodils are criminally cheap and perfect right now. Bluebells (Mum's favourite) are also just about in season & while you can't cut them from the wild, you can buy them from garden centres (or cut them from your grandparents garden, which is what I normally do...aha).
5) Candles - Another one of those things I know Mum loves but wouldn't usually spend on, the Easter Yankee scents are super beautiful and if your mum isn't keen on sweet scents Yankee has something for everyone! (I have a Yankee candle called snow, I bet you thought snow didn't have a smell right?)
6) Afternoon tea - This one will work wonderfully if there's a few of you! Everyone chip in and buy or bake scones, cakes & sandwiches and give your long suffering mum a break by serving her afternoon tea. This is a great one for involving younger siblings too and you could even invite all your Gran & Auntie too (as well as your cousins for a joint effort). Just remember to clean up the kitchen afterwards!
There we have it, 6 ideas to suit any budget, I hope that's helped some of you! What will you be doing for Mother's Day this year?